“I Don’t Have Time!” One of the biggest excuses we tell ourselves for not eating healthy is falsely claiming we don’t have enough time. But does cooking healthy have to take all day? Spoiler alert – NOPE! Let’s talk about attitudes, short-cuts and easy meal prep tips you can use to help you stay on track with Stephanie’s Top 10 Short-Cuts!
1. Crockpot it! Use convenient kitchen gadgets like the Instant Pot, Crock-Pot, or Air Fryer to do all the work for you!
2. Grocery Shop Date – Schedule your shopping trip on the same day/time each week. Knowing when the right foods will be purchased reduces any anxiety about having ingredients for meals on hand.
3. Make-Ahead-Monday – Make meals early in the week that can be “reinvented” on Tuesday and Wednesday.
4. Weekly Routine – Having “Taco Tuesday” or “Pizza Friday” on a routine basis takes away the guesswork of what to eat for dinner. Plus, routine meals hold you accountable to yourself and family.
5. Instant-Veggies? Buy pre-washed, fresh vegetables sold in ready-to-cook packaging. Toss the bag directly into the microwave. Genius!
6. Ask for Help! Enlist (or assign!) family members or roommates to participate in meal prep, taking some of the burden off you.
7. Double it up – When you make your favorite meal, double the recipe and freeze for another day. I love to freeze a tray of chicken enchiladas made with low carb tortillas.
8. Day Off – Plan ahead for a specific night off from the kitchen. Knowing you don’t have to cook on Saturday, for example, helps keep you motivated to prep the rest of the week.
9. Frozen Veggies – You can eat healthy by eating frozen too! What matters is eating your veggies, not how fresh they are. Stop judging yourself – You don’t have to be perfect!
10. Plan for “Me Time” – Taking care of yourself outside of the kitchen is the most important thing you can do for yourself. Self-care makes you feel nourished in ways that eating never can.
Related Keto Lifestyle Posts:
Surprising Keto Desserts You May Not Know About
Chaffle Time! Easy Keto Breakfast Ideas